Design Extensions used to be solely a website and graphic design agency. We built awesome, functional websites (for the time) and crafted statement-making brands. None of that has changed. However, our product offerings have grown to include numerous online marketing actives such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Management, Video production, Email marketing and more.
Why did we make the jump into high quality, online marketing? Easy, we learned that:
- Only roughly 22% of business are satisfied with their conversion rates (Econsultancy, 2016)
- For every $92 spent acquiring customers, only $1 is spent converting them. (Econsultancy, 2016)
- 64.6% of people click on Google ads when they are looking to buy an item online. (WordStream, 2016)
- Google gets over 100 billion searches a month. (Mashable, 2015)
- Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
- 4X as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
The numbers couldn’t be disregarded. Online marketing was effective and traditional marketing was breathing it’s last breathes. Our company didn’t want to miss out on this chance to help grow our clients’ businesses through online marketing.
How did we do it?
Starting wasn’t easy. In the early stages, we were a group of website and design minded people who were trying to make sense of the vast world of online marketing. We were a small boat in a vast ocean. One of our core competencies was always good design. So early on we relied on that to create attractive visuals for email campaigns, social posts and display ads. Our team members took inbound courses and trained up on online marketing practices. There was a lot of trial and error involved. We experimented with different strategies and conducted A/B testing to see what worked and what didn’t. This was effective for awhile and our client based grew, yet there was something missing. We needed a way to put it all together. We needed to add specialists in online marketing and content creation to our team so that we could better navigate this journey. So we did. We went out and hired a copywriter, Ad specialist, videographer, an additional designer AND a new account manager to help manage it all. All of a sudden we got good. Like really good.